Best for families to support Children and Young People with SEND needs
The beauty of the Fit Bounce Pro rebounders is that they can be used to support Children and Young People with SEND needs but also for other members of the family who also need to exercise.
This makes the activity truly inclusive and something that all the family can enjoy – either taking turns with the rebounder or buying several and bouncing as a family group which is great fun!
The Flexi-bounce at Home package comes with:
- carry bag for easy storage and transportation
- DVD with Rebound Fit workouts for the family
- Bouncecounter to measure progress and help with motivation
- Online resources and videos to support & advise carers/parents on how they can supervise and provide support to the SEN/SEND participant so that they can bounce safely and effectively
- Lifetime access to 100s of online rebounding workouts with a wide range of genres suitable for al the family
Benefits of bouncing
There are many benefits of bouncing on a high quality, well tensioned rebounder or mini trampoline. There are research articles which support these benefits and to find out more you can read our blog.
Here are a few summarised:
- Incredible Weight Loss – due to the G-force created by bouncing. Research has proven it is more effective than jogging for calorie burn
- Lymphatic Drainage – whilst you are exercising, the G-force created forces the lymph nodes to open/close during exercise ridding the body of toxins very efficiently during and after exercise
- Kind to joints due to the low impact nature of the surface of the rebounder mat and the high quality spring/bungee design
- Strengthens every cell in your body – changes body shape, strengthens core, tightens skin and tones muscles. Strengthens the pelvic floor and bladder.
- Increases bone density – as proven by N.A.S.A. research on Astronauts returning from space
Flexi Bounce Therapy has specific benefits for Children and Young People with SEND needs. The full benefits can be found here.
In summarise the benefits fall into 4 categories:
- Rebounder Specification – needs to be high quality to ensure that the unique three-fold effect on body organs, systems and muscles is realised. These being; Weight increases and decreases to the point of weightlessness, acceleration from stillness to varying speed and deceleration from varying speeds to stillness.
- Physiological Benefits – cardio-respiratory, muscle tone, balance mechanism and kinaesthetic awareness
- Therapeutic Benefits – on Movement, Perception and Communication
- Caring for the Carers – improved physical fitness and mental health through bouncing