Watch this video for guidance on how to mount/dismount the Rebounder safely – ensure as an Instructor that you always do this yourself.
This checklist should be run through each time an Instructor starts a class. Remember that there may be people new to rebouding in the class, and even those who have attended for a while could use a refresher!
- Advise participants of the facilities emergency procedures and health and safety requirements for the session.
- Ensure that the Rebounders are correctly set up (see Health & Safety section).
- Check the mat surface to ensure it is dry and void of sweat / moisture.
- Discuss the skirt, its purpose, and what to do with it during the class.
- Discuss policy on leaving in the middle of class and what, if anything, to do with the Rebounder under those circumstances.
- Reassure participants of the safety and nature of the workout.
- Demonstrate how to mount and dismount the Rebounder safely.
- ALWAYS review the Base Jump at the outset of class.
- Review with the participants the benefits of remaining ON the Rebounder throughout the class. Explain ways to decrease the intensity without necessarily dismounting the Rebounder.
- Encourage participants to drink water before, during, and after the workout.