Make Money / Retain Members
Over the last 15 years we have seen our Rebound Fitness programme launched in many different ways and with many different business models, including:
- Gyms with a membership structure
- Gyms or Local Authority run facilities with pay-as-you-go participants
- Community classes with Freelance group exercise instructors and PT’s
- 1:1 or small group coaching for specific objectives/conditions e.g., body transformation & weight loss, post-pregnancy, lymphodema, GP referrals, rehab post surgery/illness,
- In schools for pupils and teachers
- In hospitals and with physiotherapists, kineseologists and other specialists
- Supporting special needs populations in schools and at home
Whatever your target audience it is important that you define this and build a business case to support your own investment, to support a business case to a budget holder, or to apply for government or other funding programmes. We describe a few scenarios below but please do feel free to contact us if you need support with your particular business initiative.
Gyms have long recognised that members who participate in Group Exercise classes are less likely to cancel their membership. There is many a new friendship created in a shared class experience and people go as much for the shared experience and social/fun atmosphere as they do for the class itself.
Rebounding has the potential to introduce new populations to Group Exercise, therefore improving member retention. The low impact nature of the exercise means that the classes are accessible to many more people and not just those who are physically fit and active already. Take a look at the Branding your Classes section for ideas on how to attract all populations; men & women, physically active and the new to exercise, athletes, families and those who have never set foot into a gym before!
For Gyms that are “members only” where all classes are free it is the new member attraction and member retention that is key to the business case. As a guide, the 3 clubs who launched our programme in 2005 are still running Rebound classes and they are still as popular as ever. The Membership Sales Teams often showcase Rebounding classes as a Unique Selling Point (USP) for attracting new members and showing that they are a forward-thinking club.
For Gyms or Community Instructors where participants pay a fee to do a class then the Return on Investment (ROI) is very quick – often a matter of a few weeks. We have an ROI model that you can tailor for your own use to calculate the ROI for your business case – just contact us and we will be happy to help.