Cannellini hummus with dukkah
Dukkah is a mix of ground spices, nuts and seeds. You can use it as a condiment for many different dishes. In this recipe it makes hummus, an old-time vegan favourite, go high-end. It’s a perfect dish for dinner party nibbles as it is quick and easy to make but looks a bit fancy! The hummus is wonderfully smooth because of the cannellini beans.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
For the dukkah
- 1 tbsp hazelnuts
- ½ tsp sesame seeds
- 2 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
For the hummus
- 1 can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp light tahini
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Put all of the dukkah ingredients on a baking tray, and toast for 10 minutes until everything is browned. Leave to cool, then remove the skins of the hazelnuts. Then roughly grind the nuts and seeds in a pestle and mortar.
- Blend all of the hummus ingredients until smooth using a hand blender or food processor.
- Pour the hummus into a bowl, top with the dukkah and a little extra virgin olive oil.
Recipe taken from Superfoods 24/7: Delicious Recipes for Superfoods at Every Meal by Jessica Nadel