We often get asked by people which Rebounder will be best for their use. There are many rebounders, mini trampolines and trampettes on the market from a variety of manufacturers and suppliers.
There is also a lot of research and publications that speak about the health and fitness benefits of rebounding.
It is important to note that in order to get these benefits, and to get the best bounce experience and longevity of equipment, then whichever manufacturer you choose be sure that you are purchasing a high quality product, where all the components are built from high quality materials so that you can bounce safely and effectively.
Also buy from a Company who can support you locally with expertise, warranty services and post-warranty spare parts.
There are many cheap rebounder on the market that are really little more than a “toy” and you often find that the individual components cannot be replaced so if the mat wears out then the unit has to be disposed of. The key indicators to watch out for are:
- Height of rebounder: needs to be >9in off the ground to get the right bounce
- Weight of rebounder: needs to be >10kgs otherwise the rebounder is unstable to bounce on for rebounding workouts
- Location of supplier: ensure local customer service & warehouse to get best support
- Expertise of company: are they a generalist catalogue company, or knowledgeable in rebounding
- Track Records of company and products: do they have outstanding customer reviews for their product range and customer service. Do they support customers well even when things don’t go to plan?
- Test Certificates: do they have UK/EU/USA test certificates
Bungee or Spring Rebounder
We often get asked by customers about whether to choose a metal sprung rebounder or a bungee sprung rebounder.
The simple answer is that both models have a place in the world of Rebounding and often it’s down to personal preference and budget.
We have a specific blog on the differences between a bungee and spring rebounder so for full information click on the link, but in simple terms:
- a Bungee rebounder is quieter and has a slower, controlled bounce. It is great for family bouncing, for Children and Young People with SEND needs and for complete beginners or those who are advanced users and want to work harder!
- a Spring rebounder is great for fitness bouncing to faster tempo music and there will be some noise from the metal springs however this is easily minimised by applying coconut oil / vaseline to the springs from time to time.
Here are the Bungee models we offer. All come with warranty, full spare parts service and FREE Lifetime membership to a variety of online rebounding workouts. There is a handle bar that can be purchased separately for all models for those who want additional balance aid.
Fit Bounce Pro: is a half-folding bungee rebounder which is great for all the family to use. It comes with workouts on DVD, bouncecounter, carry bag for easy storage & transportation.
Maximus Pro Bungee: is a non-folding bungee rebounder which is great for those who want to bounce every day and don’t need to fold for storage, and for group exercise classes. Includes workouts on DVD and Bouncecounter.
Fit Bounce Pro XL: is a half-folding bungee rebounder with a larger mat jumping surface (8in) for those who prefer the extra jumping space and is suitable for all to use. Includes workouts on DVD, Bouncecounter and carry bag. It is also used for children and young people with SEND needs where they need additional physical support to bounce.
Flexi Bounce at Home: is great for children and young people with SEND needs and can be used by the whole family. Includes the Fit Bounce Pro or the Fit Bounce Pro XL rebounder and FREE access to online workouts and information to support parents/carers of children and young people with SEND needs.
Here are the Spring models we offer. All come with warranty, full spare parts service and FREE Lifetime membership to a variety of online rebounding workouts. All models have legs that are spring-loaded so that they can be folded away and the rebounder stored flat.
Maximus Pro: is a quarter-folding rebounder which is great for all-body fitness. It comes with resistance bands and sand weights for strength and conditioning training, bouncecounter to measure your progress, workouts on DVD, carry bag for easy storage and transportation and handle bar for a balance aid if needed. This model is often used by PTs with their 1:1 clients.
Pro Gym: is a non-folding rebounder which is great for group exercise classes, or for those who wish to bounce daily and don’t need to store away each day. It comes with resistance bands for strength and conditioning training, workouts on DVD and handle bar for a balance aid if needed.
Bounce & Burn: is a quarter-folding rebounder which is a great starter model. It comes with bouncecounter to measure your progress, workouts on DVD and a handle bar for a balance aid if needed.
HIIT Bounce Pro: is a quarter-folding rebounder great for athletic training. It includes weighted gloves to make your training harder, workouts on DVD and an incline kit to enable you to put the rebounder into an elevated position for additional training benefits. There is a handle bar also include for those who need the balance support.